JOIN THE FUN!
ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE!
VIDEO CONTEST FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
Produce a video public service announcement
on the importance of voting by June 1
Promote voting in Texas
See your video on TV and other venues
Entry in statewide contest for a chance For more prizes!
For full details call 361-880-6501
Sponsored by Corpus Christi Area LWV
Download the YOUR VOTE COUNTS flyer.
YOUR VOTE COUNTS Video Contest Rules
Sponsored by League of Women Voters - Corpus Christi Area
Download the YOUR VOTE COUNTS rules
Create a 30 second video illustrating the importance of every eligible person Voting in local, state and federal elections.
Who can enter?
- The YOUR VOTE COUNTS contest is open to all students enrolled in Corpus Christi Area high schools - public and private.
- Students may work alone or in teams.
- Although adults may play an advisory role, students must conceive the ideas and do the work of producing the video themselves.
How do you create the video?
- Contestants are free to use any graphic devices they wish - stop motion, animation, or others in the creation of their videos.
- Entries must clearly relate to the importance of voting - past, present, and future - in a nonpartisan way.
- Each PSA video can be no longer than 30 seconds.
How and when and where do you submit your entries?
- Send your videos and application form(s) to YOUR VOTE COUNTS via email to SHeatherle@cs.com
- Entries must be received by 5:00 p.m. on June 1, 2012.
- Winners will be announced on or before July 4, 2012.
- Each member of the creative team creator must fully complete and sign the application form(s). Incomplete application forms will disqualify entries.
How will judges choose the winners?
Judges will evaluate the entries on a scale of 1 to 10 for each of the following four criteria:
- Overall Impact (educational, inspiring, persuasive) - 40% - 4 points
- Memorable Content and Delivery - 20% - 2 points
- Clear Message - 20% - 2 points
- Creativity - 20% - 2 points
What are the prizes for winners?
Winning entries will be submitted by Corpus Christi Area LWV to television and cable outlets.
Winning entries will be placed on the Corpus Christi Area LWV and lwvtexas.org websites.
Winning entries will receive praise, publicity, and recognition.
The top two winning entries will be entered in an LWV-Texas statewide YOUR VOTE COUNTS contest and thus be eligible for more prizes.
No-No Rules include the following:
- Videos may not have been entered in other contests or won other awards.
- Videos must not support or demean any political party or person.
- Use of images, music, and other works in the public domain may be incorporated into videos. However, materials that infringe on the rights of any third party may not be used unless consent has been obtained.
- The video must not contain brand names or trademarks except those related to the League of Women Voters or to national nonprofit, nonpartisan programs and organizations.
- Videos must not contain material that is indecent, obscene, hateful, defamatory, slanderous, or libelous in the views of the judges.
- Videos must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual.
- Videos must not contain any material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to Texas laws or regulations.
By entering this contest, entrants grant permission for their videos to be transmitted by TV, radio, and/or cable as public service announcements, to be added to the Corpus Christi Area LWV, LWV-Texas, and other websites, as well as to other uses of the video to encourage voter registration and voting.
Address questions and comments about the Video Contest to the Project Chair:
Name: Sandra Heatherley
Email address: SHeatherle@cs.com
Download the application form in PDF or Word format. Print, complete and submit. ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 5:00 PM ON JUNE 1, 2012.
YOUR VOTE COUNTS application form - Word
YOUR VOTE COUNTS application form - PDF